Thursday, April 23, 2009

DRAKE'S DOUBLE DRY!


TRY THE DRAKE'S DOUBLE DRY (HOPPED) IPA!

We double dry-hopped a batch of our regular IPA (with Chinook, Cascade, & Columbus) - once on 3/30 and then again on 4/6. The result, we think, is a delightfully tasteful, aromatic, and altogether wonderful beer. Lots of nose and flavor! Additionally, we decided to leave it unfiltered to retain all its luster and character.

So...... a "double scoop" of Chinook and Cascade hops were added. This means an additional 16 pounds people! Or, put another way... more than a pound of extra hops per barrel! Drake's Double Dry can be found at a few select area pubs for a short time.

Cheers! And, thanks for reading. -- John Martin

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you twittering and find your blog on the web. I kept seeing the outdated info on drinkdrakes.com. Looking forward to following your current brews and events.
    BahHumBrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey how do I get in touch with Josh Minor? I am an old buddy of his (not a crazy person) from Scotland. Josh drop me a line at adchasko@gmail.com. - Alex Chasko

    Oh and I like the blog. Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I'm a newbie to the craft beers of California, but I can appreciate a delicious brew when I taste some. I had my first triple D today at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach Ca. First, I was impressed with the color, next came the aroma as I dipped my nose over the rim, after my first sip I was pleasantly surprised by the sweetness mixed with the zest of the hops. I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete